Welcome To

Welcome To

Monday, April 22, 2013

Flea Market Sunday & A Teenage Puppy Update

Happy Monday, Everyone!

Yesterday was the flea market and I had my trusty little sidekick Maddie with me.  She hasn't gone since opening weekend.  I guess it is a little too much to ask for her to have to get up so early on Sunday morning, especially since she already gets up early for school during the week and on Saturdays for sales.  But as I was getting ready on Sunday, I heard a little voice say "mom, is it time for me to get ready?".  What a trooper.

I really love the time that we get to spend together doing something that we both love.  I especially love how she likes to emulate my style.  We definitely looked like mama and mini me with our jeans, cowboy boots, and hoodies.  She is just getting so dang grown up!

Here's what we found


I just can't seem to leave canisters behind when I find them.  And if they are pink with vintage decals on them?  Forget about it!  Someday I will find the Hazel Atlas pink elephant ice bucket or any of the other pieces that come in that amazing set but until then, this flower/picket fence design one will work just fine.


I'm going to foster this little deer planter for a while.  Someday, it may end up at Sisters whether I want it to or not!  My little bartering queen got the seller to knock a dollar off of the price for the little Made in Japan puppy.  Who can deny a 10 year old girl haggling prices?




I had to have this Hazel Atlas child's mug, especially when I noticed the donkey on one side of it!  There was another seller who had this same mug but it was dishwasher damaged and he still wanted $12.50 for it.  I found this one at completely different table for 2 bucks.  It's perfect.


In my opinion, you can't ever have enough storage options.  I really toyed with the idea of painting this shelf but it already has a perfectly chippy finish to it.


So for now, it's going to stay white and house some of my more muted colors of pottery.



Maddie found some books for her collection.  She also bought some beads and other craft supplies.


This is the third time in a row that I have found a vintage tablecloth at the flea market.  I'm hoping to see a trend!
 
Bullet our German Shepherd puppy is 5 months now and he is definitely in that awkward, teenage phase.  He still trips over his feet and instead of a cute little puppy face, he has a big boy face on a small puppy body.  He just looks like a mini German Shepherd to me!
 


He is so handsome!

Quite the change from this sweet little face


Hope you all have a great week!  I'm heading over to link up with Sir Thrift-A-Lot.

Until next time...

Erica

12 comments:

  1. Aren't we all waiting on the pink elephants ice bucket?

    The deer looks chubby with a silly look on it's face from here, totally perfect. I went to my first flea market in a long time & I could only thing about you LOL because you're the only person who goes regularly. I was so thrilled on the way there, but totally busted when we pulled in & 100 tables were empty. Back in May! May the tables be plentiful! I did get some glasses. I don't have a cute 10 year old in cool cowboy boots to haggle, I make my dad do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't know how lucky you are to have a sidekick like Maddie. Glad the flea was good to you..I have crafted with that little deer planter before, it is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute finds. My favorite is the tablecloth, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning tablecloth! Its so great that your daughter loves to shop with you! My 10 yo runs hot and cold. Sometimes she likes it, other times not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, your lovely dog: such a handsome one indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love everything - as always!! Your purchases could be mine!

    My kids had the Tom & Jerry book - the Lassie book is an oldie....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the table cloth and the pink canister! In all my treasure hunting, I've only found one pink canister! What's up with that?

    I have a grand dog that looks just like your Bullet. Oh my- does she ever get in trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many great things. I'm a sucker for canisters and tins, too. Love to find those, and they come in so many shapes, sizes, colors, patterns....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can never pass up a little shelf (or things to put on it, for that matter.) Great tablecloth - hope the trend continues for you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, he's looking so grown up already! His ears crack me up, they stick straight up so enthusiastically. ADORABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete